Our Teacher Education program offers Student-visa (I-20) for foreign students.
Four questions you may wish to ask about our program:
- Why would you get training from the Montessori Institute?Four reasons:
- Deep philosophical base in Montessori principles.
- Small classes, individual attention towards learning and practice.
- Convenient, alternate Saturday classes, as well as Summer Intensive to complete certification course within one year.
- All graduates are hired by reputable schools.
- What is the best training available?This is what our graduates have said:
- “Classes were excellent.”
- “Every instructor brought enormous amount of knowledge to the class.”
- “I will never be the same because of this experience.”
- What program will increase your earnings at the lowest cost with a top quality program?
- Our faculty averages 25 years of experience in classroom teaching and directing their own schools.
- Our tuition is reasonable.
- Classes, practicum workshops and seminars allow ample time to internalize theory and classroom practice.
- Would you receive college credit for your work?
- Yes! You can receive up to 12 units of academic credit through the Division of Extension of California State University, East Bay. These units are accepted by the Human Development Department towards a Bachelor’s degree at CSU EB.
- Some universities in the U.S. accept credits from teacher education programs like ours that are MACTE accredited and AMS affiliated towards a Masters Degree.
The Montessori Institute of Advanced Studies believes that each individual pursues his/her own growth within the limits of social responsibility. Our teacher-training program offers an opportunity to verify what gifts reside inside the student-teachers for helping children in their self-learning. Most importantly, we intend to nourish an intuitive quality of attention. In its presence we will experience openness to the child’s heart and receive its trust in return.
If you are interested in more information or would like to enroll in our program, please call 510-581-3729 or email